It's about Time, which is unyielding.
It's about Dream that is unbound.
It's about Feeling that is ingenuous.
It's about Experience of unforgettable.
It is about Unfathomable, yet familiar.
It's about Inexhaustible Light.
- Painting for me is a spiritual activity. I strongly believe that as Robert Motherwell said, "through painting our passions touch" and our souls I would say. Using word soul here in a Russian way, which is not a religious term, but refers to the core of a human being, essence of her/his feelings and thoughts.
- Each line is an experience. Each dot is an event.
- The application is thoughtful, playful, precise. I strive to achieve balance and harmony between participating elements such as colors and shapes. My use of color is associative and often symbolic. The image does not illustrate anything in particular, to its structure is modeled after the appearance of sky and the surface of the ocean - indefinable and limitless, which flat surface implies calmness as well as great power and endless depth.
- The only illusion I am interested is an illusion of movement. Movement represents life.
- The sense of freedom when I start my dot paintings is intoxicating. That little dot can dance though this enormous space of a canvas in any imaginary way, and it does, and it's a lot of fun. Of course, soon enough it is obvious that particular patterns emerge. As much as it tries there are inner rules that this dot cannot escape. The chaotic order of this activity creates as a result a very beautiful textural effect.
- I draw my inspiration from personal experiences and nature. I feel strong affinity with the cultures that use painting is part of their spiritual activities and which hold nature in great esteem. Aboriginal art, Buddhist Art and art that had been inspired by Buddhist's thought.
- I am also a romantic painter, in a way that 19th century romantic artist were, I share their idealistic views, and again, worship of nature. And in a sentimental way too ....it is all about love to me.